Thursday, October 11, 2018

MONT SUTTON’S GLORIOUS FALL FESTIVAL



 Ah, Fall! I was back in Sutton at Les Caprices de Victoria, my favourite B & B in this lovely town. Back at Les Caprices de Victoria, my favourite B and B in Sutton, I  was once again treated to Maryse’s sweet company, her darling dog, Leo and the fabulous views from my "Hortense-named room's balcony.












I had not only returned to enjoy this remarkable cocoon of Victorian elegance, but also to take part in Mont Sutton’s fall festival. What a day it was! 










Leaving town on my way to the mountain, I was greeted with whimsy reminders that Halloween was right around the corner. 





 The fog ahead created an ethereal magical view. It was all rather mystical.








I boarded the chairlift to ride up toTHE  680-foot point atop the mountain.
My companion was a baby! 








After I got off the chair lift, I climbed the stone-made path up to the landing to get a great view. 






The fog certainly stunted part of it, but the sights was expansive and glimmering in an endless sheath of colour.

Up there I met made some mountain friends - heartier hikers that continued  on to walk up to the mountain top. 







Some descended on foot. I took in the astounding formation of a great boulder.
I retraced my steps to take the chairlift down which afforded a sky-high view of the mountains directly in front of me. That really gave a nice panoramic view to the blue shimmering mountains beyond the riot of colour in the billions of trees.

The happening scene was at ground level. Food galore (I loved the Shack's poutine) hikers were heading towards paths that curved up from the main mountain ski chalet. 


Music rang out, as wine was being poured. Twenty-five vineyards were represented; five different wines were there for the tasting. Kids painted indoors, and I drowned myself in green leaf lemon tea at the kiosk of Nicolas and Nancy who were as lively as the crowd in front of them. What a wonderful festival
The ambiance was joyful; fall never felt/tasted so good!






























Sutton’s spirited Fall Festival happens every weekend until October 14th, so get yourself out there to enjoy all the colourful fun.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I want to go there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a festival that has something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete